This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Checking if value is editable
- From: Vladimir Prus <ghost at cs dot msu dot su>
- To: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:03:19 +0400
- Subject: Checking if value is editable
how is it possible to check that a value/expression is editable, so that I
can disable "edit" functionality in a GUI.
Reading MI docs, I see that '-var-assign' only works in variable is
'editable', but there's what I get in gdb 6.3:
-var-create constant 0 123+5*6
This looks like a bug... setting the value of 123+5*6 won't work.
1. Is above indeed a bug?
2. Can I get the same information ("is value editable") using command line
interface, and not MI.