Re: GDB 4.18 with GCC 3.3.6

On Friday 08 Jul 2005 2:33 pm, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Stewart, Richard wrote:
> > I would like to use GDB 4.18 with GCC 3.3.6 and possibly even newer
> > versions of GCC.  I'm using GCC 2.95 right now and would like to gain
> > some of the performance improvements in the newer versions of the
> > compiler
>
> Um, better be sure there really are performance improvements
> before you dive in.  One app that I care about runs slower
> on gcc-3.4.1 than on gcc-2.95.3.
>
> I'm putting together a performance regression benchmark
> suite right now by pulling together all the known microbenchmarks
> that run slower on newer versions of gcc, in hopes
> of helping make sure that gcc-4.1 resolves most of them.
> - Dan

i would be very interested in your preliminary results if you have any.

maybe your going to test 2.95.3 / 3.3.6 / 3.4.4 / 4.0.1  / 4.1.x with C based
benchmarks, but i would be also very intrested in complex C++ (using stl
features) for the same set of compilers, as my 'embedded' application is
written in complex c++.

regards
---
Matthew J Fletcher
Embedded Software
Serck Controls Ltd
---
Serck Controls Ltd, Rowley Drive, Coventry, CV3 4FH, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 24 7630 5050   Fax: +44 (0) 24 7630 2437
Web: www.serck-controls.com  Admin: post@serck-controls.co.uk
A subsidiary of Serck Controls Pty. Ltd. Reg. in England No. 4353634
This email and files transmitted with it are confidential and
the above. Any views or opinions presented are those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of Serck Controls Ltd.

This message has been checked by MessageLabs