Re: fortran/1880: display of part of an array

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Fred Krogh wrote:

> I guess I have a different view.  I don't see the printing of a subarray as a
> language extension.  It seems to me just to be a way to view data that is
> sitting in memory.  That's what a debugger does, no?  It should give a
> convenient way of seeing what is going on in a running program.

OK. I buy your view.

> So I am now at the point where I have the new gdb loaded into ddd.  What do I
> do to use the patch?  Is there a new command?  It is still unclear to me what
> this patch does that I couldn't do before.

With this patch, you can at least print a sub-array in your MAIN__
section.

> Thanks,
>    Fred

Cheers
- Wu Zhou

P.S: Would you please include gdb@sources.redhat.com also in the cc list.
There might be some others who are also interested in this thread.  If
somebody add some weight to your view, there will be more chance that your
request fulfilled. :-)