This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Display libc function names instead of address ?
- From: Victor STINNER <victor dot stinner at haypocalc dot com>
- To: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 05:36:00 +0200
- Subject: Display libc function names instead of address ?
- Reply-to: victor dot stinner at haypocalc dot com
I woud like to know if it is possible to display libc functions name
instead of their address. Example :
(1) (...) // prepare parameters
(2) jmp *0x804a6b0 // in relocation table, at 0x08048728
And if I do a "objdump -R file | grep 0x804a6b0", it answers printf. So
is it possible to display "call printf" instead of "call 0x8048728" ? Or
at least display "jmp *<printf>" instead of "jmp *0x804a6b0" ?
I think that gdb can already read relocation table because "print
printf" command give me the function address.
I hope that it's just an option :-)