Re: thread apply all - not working?

On 05/27/05 03:15 PM, Daniel Jacobowitz sat at the `puter and typed:
> On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 02:46:46PM -0400, Louis LeBlanc wrote:
> > I'm having trouble getting stack traces on all threads from a core file.
> >
> > I was under the impression that "thread apply all bt" should get it, but
> > I only get the last thread.
> >
> > I am using GNU gdb 6.3.0.20050516-cvs on Solaris.  The core was
> > generated by an app built with gcc 3.3.
> >
> > Am I missing something?
>
> Does info threads show multiple threads?  If not, either the core dump
> only contains one thread, or GDB does not know how to extract threads
> from a core dump on Solaris - I think this used to work, but I don't
> know if it has been tried lately.

Of course, there are 104 threads in this particular core, and the app is
configured to run up to 500.  The command I am trying gives me thread
104, but no others.  I am able to get stack traces if I explicity select
them one at a time, but with up to 500 threads, you can imagine how much
fun this will be . . .

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc                                     dev@keyslapper.net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,                   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :þ

Biology is the only science in which multiplication means the same thing
as division.