Re: Dwarf-2 unwinding vs. manual prologue analysis

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
Please use gdb@ for questions; I expect most messages to gdb-patches to
be in need of review :-)

Sorry about that. Fixed (even though I guess it might break the threading).

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 04:59:05PM +0200, Orjan Friberg wrote:

Do I need to able to do manual prologue analysis when there's Dwarf-2 CFI available? If so, is there a set of minimum requirements for what that analysis must be able figure out?

No. If enabling the DWARF-2 CFI support causes things to break, then
you need to inspect your CFI; it is probably broken.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Are you saying that the CFI might be broken if the manual prologue analysis is used in cases where the Dwarf-2 CFI should be available (and sufficient)? Since I don't have a correct prologue scanner for CRISv32, nothing would work without having the Dwarf-2 frame sniffer hooked in.

You need to do
prologue analysis if there's anything without CFI that you need to
handle, which there usually is - for instance PLT stubs.

Ok, I'll look into that. Thanks.

--
Orjan Friberg
Axis Communications