This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Multiple definition of `_solib_address' [was RE: RFC: patch for insight & target stdin]
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'Keith Seitz'" <keiths at redhat dot com>,"'James Lemke'" <jim at wasabisystems dot com>
- Cc: <insight at sourceware dot org>,<gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 17:25:10 +0100
- Subject: Multiple definition of `_solib_address' [was RE: RFC: patch for insight & target stdin]
>From: Keith Seitz
>Sent: 24 May 2005 19:50
> On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 14:43 -0400, James Lemke wrote:
> Grr. My bad. Been a very, very busy week. I promise to have this done
> very soon (end of week at the latest).
I said I'd give it some testing too, didn't I? I was somewhat delayed
last week by getting stranded in Spain on what was meant to only be a long
Anyway, so far I've only got as far as discovering that CVS HEAD of
(insight+dejagnu) won't build at the moment. Anyone recognize this error?
I'm afraid solibs in general are not my forte......
rm -f gdb.exe
gcc -g -O2 -Wl,--subsystem,console \
-o gdb.exe gdb.o libgdb.a \
../readline/libreadline.a ../opcodes/libopcodes.a ../bfd/libbfd.a
obj/itcl/itcl -litcl32 -L/davek/patch-gnu/testing/gdb/obj/itcl/itk -litk32
cl/win -ltcl84 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -limm32 -lcomctl32 -lshell32 -lncurses
-liconv ../libiberty/libiberty.a -luser32 -limagehlp -lshell32 -lgdi32
libgdb.a(solib.o)(.text+0xd00): In function `solib_address':
/gnu/testing/gdb/src/gdb/solib.c:771: multiple definition of
st defined here
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....