Re: Consistent format for memory addresses

Nick Roberts <nickrob@snap.net.nz> wrote:

(gdb) info frame
Stack level 0, frame at 0xbffff730:
 eip = 0x80484d9 in main (myprog.c:55); saved eip 0x4006015a
       ^^^^^^^^^

Still seven digits. The human mind adjusts easily to such differences, but
front ends---or at least the one I'm writing for Emacs---don't.

So that I don't have to keep making piecemeal changes, I suggest that
memory addresses in "info frame" has the same format as disassemble
and "info break". I've not looked at the internals but maybe they could
all be printed with the same procedure call.

WDYT?

I'm all for consistency. But I think you should realize that pointers can be 64-bit too, or even 48-bit, so your code beter not depend on a fixed number of digits.

Cheers,

Mark