This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Replace char * with something sensible
- From: "Eli Zaretskii" <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 22:51:02 +0300
- Subject: Replace char * with something sensible
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
Rumor has it that latest versions of GCC whine about mixing "char *"
and "unsigned char *". To fix that, Andrew committed some patches
that replace these with a "bfd_byte *", but I think we should not use
BFD data types in GDB unless they refer to data structures returned by
functions from the BFD library.
. use "void *" (suggested by Mark Kettenis).
. define a new data type gdb_byte and use "gdb_byte *".
I think Mark's suggestion should be considered first, since it avoids
the pain of introducing yet another custom data type.