arm core analysis on x86 host

Hello,

I'm trying to analyze an arm core dump on an x86 host and I get the error when
using the core command:
	GDB can't read core files on this machine.

The error message is coming because find_core_target() is returning NULL, and
it's returning NULL because it can't find a match for
	(*t)->to_stratum == core_stratum

I find that the only place that core_stratum gets used to set to_stratum is in
init_core_ops(), which gets called by _initialize_corelow(). However, I can't
find any code that calls _initialize_corelow().

1) Can the current gdb analyze an arm core dump?
2) If not, I would appreciate some pointers to help me add this support.

Thanks,

Jon