Re: patch review time

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 02:58:45PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
> [...]

This isn't about a specific patch, it's about the fact that if it take's
1-2 weeks per patch, there is no way I can get in a large amount of
code. For example, I want to convert the MI testsuite to have the
inferior use a separate pty. I would then like to add a syntax checker
to make sure the output of the MI is correct. After that, I would like
to create Tcl data structures that allow the testsuite to do semantic
analysis on the data. I would like to contribute even more after this ...

The problem is, I could submit 3-4 large patches, but GDB for obvious
reasons won't accept such patches until they are broken down into
multiple small patches. If it takes 1-2 weeks for each of these small
patches, that means realistically, it will take months to possibly a
year to get all of the work I want to get done, done.

If you really must see some patches in waiting,
   http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2005-01/msg00024.html
   http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2005-02/msg00248.html

Also, This isn't about what I have waiting now either, it's about the
fact that I usually wait anywhere from between 1 week (unusual) to
several months.

Bob Rossi