Re: GDB/MI Output Syntax

Bob Rossi wrote:
If Tcl is like C (struct, enum's, union's) I could easily put the parse
tree declaration in some common file and generate both the C and the Tcl
data structures. This part could be done in just a few days if I could
get some guidance on how Tcl works.

TCL really means "command line language".

Everything in TCL is a command line eg: <command> <arg1 <arg2> <arg3> etc.

You can nest commands so that one command can be expanded and executed so
that its output supplies args for its parent, using [] brackets:

<command1> <arg11> [ <command2> <arg21> <arg22> ] <arg12> <arg13>...

TCL is all about string expansion of command lines.

A very comprehensive book: Pactical Programming in Tcl and Tk.
Another book that explains TCL and also Expect (probably of more
immediate use): Exploring Expect. Expect also has a large man page.

C and TCL is like comparing chalk and cheese. TCL is interpreted too.