RE: GDB is the GNU project's native debugger

  Hmm, so do you feel that my first para. would have been more near the truth if
it had said that the encouraging/evangelising of OSS in general was only a
*minor* goal of the gnu project, and that providing free tools on non-free
systems was a tactical method rather than strategic goal?

> All of the above is of course my beliefs based on what I saw as it
> happened, and do not represent any sort of official position by
> anybody.

  You can very certainly <AOL> me on that one!

    cheers,
      DaveK