Re: set architecture for MPC8xx

Your target stub needs to support the "Architecture" otherwise it wont know how to set or get the values of the registers.

If the target stub only reports/handles registers for the "generic" architecture, you will need to change it to handle all of the other registers.

Steven

Schneider, Jan (GE51) wrote:

Hello,

I have tried the "set architecture" command for the powerpc MPC8xx. After
this I see a lot of new registers.
But for me it seems that these registers aren't really taking effects after
changing their values.
I found them in rs6000-tdep.c.

Is there a way to use these additional registers sensible?

thanks