Re: Unwinding past main

> I'm seeing a stack unwinding problem on hppa. Seems like this should be
> applicable to other targets too -- how do you solve this problem?

Funny you would see that. I am just looking at the same sort of
problem, but on IA64. I have an infinite loop when unwinding the
call stack from a thread. I don't understand all the conditions
yet (I am completely new to IA64, and it's quite complex for me).

So you are right in saying that this can happen on other targets too.
In my case, the "main" is the NPTL thread start routine, and we try
to unwind past it. In some cases, we are lucky, because we end up
with 2 identical frames which cause an error, but in some others,
the frame base changes slightly from frame to frame and we loop...

--
Joel