Re: Bob's MI objective

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 05:35:22PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> @samp{--interpreter=mi} (or @samp{--interpreter=mi2}) causes
> @value{GDBN} to use the @dfn{@sc{gdb/mi} interface} (@pxref{GDB/MI, ,
> The @sc{gdb/mi} Interface}) included since @var{GDBN} version 6.0.  The
> previous @sc{gdb/mi} interface, included in @value{GDBN} version 5.3 and
> selected with @samp{--interpreter=mi1}, is deprecated.  Earlier
> @sc{gdb/mi} interfaces are no longer supported.

This is basically what I need to know. I've asked several times and
would very much appreciate an answer from the people that are capable of
giving it. (The answer could be a simple yes or no)

   * Will GDB support at least one stable MI protocol for an official release?
   (This answer is obviously "yes", and does not have to be answered)
   * Will GDB support more than one stable MI protocols for an official release?
   * Will GDB support one stable MI protocol for a CVS snapshot?
   * Will GDB support more than one stable MI protocols for a CVS snapshot?

BTW, The word "will" means that even if GDB supports only 1 official protocol currently,
what about in the future?

These questions are a prerequisite in determining how my front end will
be able to interface with GDB. They are also a prerequisite to solving the
MI handshaking problem.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi