Re: probing GDB for MI versions

> > The MI developers, wise as they are, decided to formalize the way GDB
> > output's data and front end developers parse it.
>
>   Your insistence on using formal parsers for every single job regardless of
> the fact that you can also see that they're not suitable for the job flies
> in the face of sanity.  You're a child with a hammer and every single
> problem looks to you like a nail.

You are inappropriate.

I clearly understand that either way an adhoc parser is involved. I
undersatnd the problem can be solved both ways, with an MI command or a
command line switch.

I understand that adding an MI command to the MI function set that can
not be accessed by a front end that understands the MI protocol is
nonsensical and confusing, that is why I am arguing on the side of not
adding this command to the MI function set, but solving the problem
another way.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi