Re: probing GDB for MI versions

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 03:09:58PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> If a current GDB were modified to list mi "versions" then it would only
> print mi2, which is the version selected by -i=mi.  If your front end
> specifies -i=mi1 then you're on your own - it's not tested - it doesn't
> work.

WHAT?!? This is what I have been asking all along? It was the foundation
to this conversation. Where were you to inform everyone of this?

Are you saying that old versions of MI are not supported by GDB? Only
the last official release of the MI protocol is supported and that no
other versions that it used to speak with are supported or tested?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi