Re: GDB/MI snapshots between major release's

Bob Rossi <bob@brasko.net>:
> T1 GDB 7.0 has MI10 (official)
> T2 GDB 7.0-CVS has MI11 (unofficial, because of MI incompatible change X1 )
> T3 GDB 7.0-CVS has MI11 (unofficial, because of MI incompatible change X2 )
> T4 GDB 7.1 has MI11 (official)

why would that happen?  I expect 'create a new MI version' to be
basically an atomic change.  like, someone experiments with MI11
on a branch, then merges it into the trunk when it's stable and
tests reasonable cleanly.

if the incompatible change is simple enough to be done in the
trunk, then updating the version and the testsuite should be part
of the same commit.