Re: Building GDB with MinGW (3)

[Third re-send attempt, sorry about the mailer issues]

Joel Brobecker wrote:

real problem. (READLINE)

As far as I can remember, GDB has not been ported to MingW. And indeed, porting readline is one of the problems to solve for that port. There is a group that has posted patches that allow you to build GDB on MingW, they have a web site. I don't know the URL but google should help you find it. Last I heard, they had ported GDB 5.3, but maybe they have patches for a more recent release now.

Actually, it has. See <http://www.mingw.org/download.shtml>. One of the tarballs for the most recent snapshot version includes the patch against the mainline. It's from around May, so I suspect the patch will require some massaging if you want it to work against current CVS. The best thing about the port is that, unlike the cygwin port, hitting ^c to stop the inferior seems to actually work most of the time (assuming you run the gdb in a cmd window and not a cygwin window). This is because it relies on windows native events rather than cygwin signals.

Dan