Upcoming target: CRISv32

I'm starting to feel pretty confident about my CRISv32 port, and would like some advice as to how to proceed. The thing is, the CRISv32 binutils port won't be submitted for another few weeks. Obviously this means that gdb for CRISv32 won't build.

On the other hand, submitting it would have its benefits regarding ongoing deprecation etc, and (more importantly) I assume it will be easier to get non-architecture specific patches accepted.

If submitting a non-buildable port is frowned upon, then I'd be happy to sit on it until the binutils code is in place.

For the record: basically what's left at the moment are some FAILs in the most recent gdb.base/sigstep.exp and gdb.threads/schedlock.exp (problem explained in http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2004-08/msg00733.html and http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2004-08/msg00781.html) which I need to fix. In addition, I need to submit a generalisation of the existing STEP_SKIPS_IN_DELAY mechanism.

--
Orjan Friberg
Axis Communications