Re: remote stubs - Gdb for PowerPC

Apple has it's version of gdb enabled to do remote debugging of powerpc, to allow one to debug the Mac OS X kernel from another OS X Mac. However, it's done via ethernet. Maybe you could take the serial port code from some other stub and port it over to apple's stub.

I understand that the protocol apple uses isn't the standard gdb protocol, but some custom one. I don't think all of apple's changes have been merged into the main gdb distribution.

I think the sources you need are available here:

http://cvs.opendarwin.org/index.cgi/gdb/?cvsroot=apple

I also found a tarball on apple's website a while back, but I don't remember where it was.

Hope this helps,

Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com/
crawford@goingware.com