Re: ptrace: bogus breakpoint trap

Hinko Kocevar wrote:
Hi,

While trying to solve my previous problem with dynamic shared libraries and automated symbol loading I stumbled accross another problem.

I got this issue sorted out - partly - by using latest gdb - 6.2. But as the problems just won't go away there is another issue!!

Now dynamic lib symbols load fine and execution stops at set breakpoint.

Proceeding after BP that I can only use 'step' cmd to continue. If issue 'next' once it continues to the next line of source, but if I use 'next' twice or more execution is stopped and pc holds location in .plt section. On further attempts to proceed with 'next or 'step' gdb gives 'Cannot find bounds of current function'.

Looking at the remote protocol log for 'next' and 'step' they start to differ after reading contents of accessed location in .plt section. After that for 'step' gdb issues read general registers packet while for 'next' gdb reads some memory location where it gets address of the (only) breakpoint set - after that it stops.

Any comments ?

regards,
Hinko Kocevar, developer
Iskra Medical d.o.o., Stegne 23, 1k LJ, SLO-EU

"AÃ rÃn" | [Analects XII:22]