Re: GDB 6.2.1?

What's left for this re-spin?
- ``absolute source path'' patch
- i386 patch
- ?

The MIPS crasher bug is in though. That's the critical one.

2 mips-irix patches. You said in one of your earlier message that I
should feel free to pull in the branch any patch I need for mips-irix.
I understood that these patches needed to be checked in mainline first
before they could be integrated in the branch. That's why there not
in the branch yet.

The first patch was under heavy discussion (about setting the right
floatformat). I am not where we're headed for this one as I don't have
the time to work on adding support for IRIX 128bit floats in GDB.

I think it ended with a compromise of a 128-bit IRIX MIPS floatformat.

I'd also like to know the original details on the crash.

The other one needs to be reworked because Andrew wanted to get some
reorg done before we looked into this. It's on my plate.

I don't even remember what that one is. Ah, yes, the backtrace fix, leave that for 6.3.

What should we do? Push a bit on the resolution of the above 2 patches?
Or simply pull them in the branch as is, without having checked
something in head first (this is unorthodox)?

(We've all learnt the hard way to not do this).

So lets get just cover the float bug.

Andrew