Re: [proposal/testsuite] require build == host

> Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 20:52:26 -0400
> From: Michael Chastain <mec.gnu@mindspring.com>
>
> ac> As for a system that would/should use this - djgpp.
>
> You got me there.  It's been a while since I used windows,
> but I suspect that windows has telnet/ftp servers.

(Btw, DJGPP produces DOS programs, not Windows programs.  These
programs do run on Windows, but Windows treats them as DOS
executables.)

> Eli, is it possible to ftp into a windows box and upload and
> download files?  More important, is it possible to telnet into
> a windows box and run a command-line interpreter?

It is possible to do that on Windows XP (perhaps after enabling some
service that is off by default, I don't remember).