Debug a cross-compiled binary using GDB !!

Hello,
I have builded gcc, glibc and gdb as
arm-targetted and i386-linux-hosted.

When I execute gdb to debug a cross-compiled binary
and
type 'run', gdb complains that "You can't do that
without a process to debug".

In my humble opinion, gdb couldn't
execute arm-targetted binary on i386
machine and probably I need a arm simulator or arm
board connected to PC.

I think "target sim" has something to do with it. But
can't find any information about "target sim". Can
anyone help me or advice me what to do?

Or Is it possible to cross debug a application
from within a i386 machine.

Thank you in advance.
karthik bala guru