Re: bugzilla

On Jul 8, 2004, at 11:06 AM, Andrew Cagney wrote:

On Jul 8, 2004, at 10:31 AM, Andrew Cagney wrote:
Please discuss :-)

--

I've cc'd DanielB and ChrisF who would need to be involved in any logistical matters.

I've converted the GDB GNATS database before with little or no problems.
I can put the results up on www.dberlin.org/bugzilla if you want to see what it looks like
The only real problem in conversion is that the bugs will not have the same PR number they used to, though they will be contiguous (IE they will be offset by some number).

Why is a renumbering needed? It's our database can't we do what we like? :-)

I was planning on putting you guys in the same bugzilla as the other sources projects (sources.redhat.com/bugzilla).
Bugs id's are global to a given bugzilla, not local to a given product.
There exist bugs starting with the number one in there already. Thus, gdb bugs would have to start with the highest number at the time of the import.