Re: bugzilla

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 11:06:42AM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> >On Jul 8, 2004, at 10:31 AM, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> >
> >>Please discuss :-)
> >>
> >>--
> >>
> >>I've cc'd DanielB and ChrisF who would need to be involved in any
> >>logistical matters.
> >>
> >I've converted the GDB GNATS database before with little or no problems.
> >I can put the results up on www.dberlin.org/bugzilla if you want to see
> >what it looks like
> >
> >The only real problem in conversion is that the bugs will not have the
> >same PR number they used to, though they will be contiguous (IE they will
> >be offset by some number).
>
> Why is a renumbering needed?  It's our database can't we do what we
> like? :-)

GNATS numbers bugs independently per product; Bugzilla doesn't.
There's one bugzilla installation on sources.redhat.com already, and
it's shared with binutils and glibc.

Um, I suppose we could set up a third copy of Bugzilla on that machine.
I don't know what the issues with that would be but presumably Daniel
Berlin does.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz