Re: Breakpoints in the library code

Użytkownik Kris Warkentin napisał:

You should hit 'reply all' when you reply to me - that way you response goes to the mailing list as well. You might get help from someone else

Oops.... Sorry - did not notify to whom I am writting... I always just simply reply to sender when sending to mailing lists since the sender is usually the mailserver...

as well. Question: did you try break wxXmlResource<tab> to see which members gdb thinks are available for breakpoints?

You mean that gdb is capable to autocomplete the name? I did not know it. Will try.

Hmm. Well, if it's not recognizing the name of the method, you might want to try setting the breakpoint by filename:line number. (ie foo.cc:73). If that works, then when you hit the breakpoint, you can do a backtrace and see what gdb thinks the name of the method is.

It works quite well, thanks. However backtrace gives me the same method name as expected...

Another question is: why command line debugger works perfectly and GUI frontends not... Are there some incompatibilities in gdb api or the way the insight or ddd comunicates with gdb is incorrect? Sorry for possibly trivial question but I am not gdb expert.

-- Roland r o l a n d z (at) poczta fm