Re: Debug code in data section in gdb

Hi, Michael

Yeah, I understand GDB will modify the code at the address of a
breakpoint. I can break the program just before the execution jump to the
code copied from somewhere. Then I set a breakpoint at the beginning of
the copied code. It still won't work. Another thing is I see the code is
same as the original code. My question is whether I can see the GDB modified
instruction by disassemble the memory ? When and How gdb modifies the
instruction?

I suspect this problem is specific to my port of gdb, so maybe I need to
understand how breakpoints work in gdb to understand my problem. Could
anybody give me some pointers to articles or online books on debugger or
gdb?

Thanks so much

Tao

			-Tao Zhang (zhangtao@cc.gatech.edu)