Re: [Gdb] removing src/dejagnu, src/expect

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 05:57:57PM -0400, Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:
>Jim Ingham writes:
>>I just reran the gdb testsuite - on the Apple gdb but this shouldn't
>>make much difference - with the Expect 5.38 from the SourceForge
>>sources, and with Tcl 8.4.4, also from SourceForge, and I didn't see
>>any new failures compared with the expect & tcl from src/.
>
>I've done a similar comparison with the gdb testsuite on native
>i686-pc-linux-gnu, (red hat 8.0, LANG=en_US.UTF-8), and the results
>came out the same.  I've been using the released versions of
>tcl+expect+dejagnu for 2.5 years now.
>
>That's just gdb experience though.
>
>I'm okay with shooting first and fixing problems later.

The problem with that approach is that you can't necessarily fix all of
the problems can you?  In particular, as you noted in the gcc mailing
list, Cygwin could be a problem.  I'm not really looking to take on
new projects right now myself.  Maybe someone else will volunteer
to look at this as far as Cygwin is concerned.

cgf