Re: backtrace from signal handler

I understand that a new backtrace mechanism was implimented (by andrew
cagney) in the mainline CVS version of GDB, are there any patche (or
patches) available for this? I would like to use them to backport to GDB
6.1.

All the patches have been posted, and the composite can be found in the repository. However, there isn't an individual patch available.

I should note that some of the changes are to GDB's core (in particular infrun.c and frame*[hc]). Such changes aren't going to be considered for 6.1.1.

It fixes backtracing from signal handler. It also will solve a ton of
problmes wrt backtracing using GDB 6.1 on powerpc 64, coz mainline GDB
works well for debugging powerpc, but we are still using 6.1 level.

There might be one or two small patches that can be backported, nowever, for the most part I think it is better to just concentrate on 6.2 currently scheduled for August.

Andrew