Re: New test failures - observer.exp, sigaltstack.exp, siginfo.exp

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 12:33:17PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> (assume I managed to get them to pass on at least one system :-)

Naturally - just not mine :)

> >sigaltstack.exp fails like this:
> >
> >finish
> >Run till exit from #0  catcher (signal=26) at
> >/opt/src/gdb/src/gdb/testsuite/gdb.base/sigaltstack.c:71
> >Warning:
> >Cannot insert breakpoint 0.
> >Error accessing memory address 0xffffe420: Input/output error.
> >(gdb) FAIL: gdb.base/sigaltstack.exp: finish from catch LEAF
> >
> >The problem is that the signal trampoline is read-only.  We can't set
> >software breakpoints there.  I suspect there is no way to do this portably.
> >Should we skip it instead, i.e. finish right to the place where the signal
> >was raised?
>
> Kernel bug.  Two fixes:
>
> - the kernel gets fixed to allow writes to this page -> it should be no
> different to other read-only text sections

Good luck - I don't think the kernel maintainers will buy it.

> - we modify GDB to, when it can't set a return breakpoint, single-step
> out of the problem

I wonder if we can mark the particular solib as unwriteable and avoid
the failing writes... otherwise, at least handle the error silently.
I'll investigate someday; in the mean time do you mind if I KFAIL the
above output?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz