Re: cvs build problem with 2.95

Hello, Daniel!

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 09:24:57AM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> There aren't configuration options that make a large difference in the
> size of GDB, though you may want --disable-tui --disable-gdbtk.
>
> None of the options you mention above do anything, AFAIK.  I recommend
> deleting the sid directory.  You can not build without the sim
> directory.

The former speeded up the build by 2 minutes. And the latter reduced the
compilation time from 2.5 hours to 23 minutes! This makes the 2 minutes
10% :) . Thanks much for the tip!

As to the options: I've found them via google and thought a bit of
voodoo building doesn't hurt if I don't have anything else :) . I would
expect that they cause an error message if they are not supported; I
didn't think they could silently do nothing. But seriously, some pieces
of information would have helped me; if you are interested in including
it either on the web site or in the distribution, I can share what I
have. It's not too much, but I think the stuff like supported platforms,
resource and package requirements, etc. could save others' time, too.

With kind regards,
Baurjan.