Re: [mips] When to use a proc_desc

   Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:58:10 -0400
   From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>

   On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 05:56:46PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
   > >I'll need to study this further, however, look at HP/UX.
   > >
   > >That unwinder checks its equivalent PDR against the prologue, ticking each
   > >register off as it is encountered.
   >
   > I think the long answer is the same -- look at HP/UX.  Fetch the PDR and
   > then compare it against the instructions up-to $pc to see how many of
   > those stores actually occured.

   I think that defeats the point of having the proc_desc in the first
   place.  If we're only going to acknowledge register saves that we can
   'easily' find, then why bother reading any of this out of the proc_desc
   at all?

Because it allows one to determine where the prologue actually ends,
which is after all registers described by the descriptor have been
saved.

Mark