Re: generating a core file

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:24:11 -0800, David Carlton <carlton@kealia.com> said:

> This is quite off-topic, but are there any programs out there that can
> generate a core file from a stopped process, and write that core file
> to a pipe or send it over the network somehow?

I guess it's not completely off-topic, actually; it might be nice if
there were a mention of generate-core-file in the GDB info pages.  I
just tried using that command together with a named pipe, but it
complained a lot about illegal seeks; is it inherently difficult to
generate a core file without random-access files?

David Carlton
carlton@kealia.com