Re: remote protocol support for TARGET_OBJECT_AUXV

Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> writes:

> But GDB doesn't interpret the error code.  I just skimmed remote.c; in
> some places it checks for starts-with-E; in some it checks for 'E' and
> length 3; in some it checks for 'E' and length 3 and digits; in some it
> checks for 'E' and length 3 and hex digits.  The last is, I think,
> correct.

I noticed this in some recent work. My approach to fixing it was to
make remote.c in GDB only check for 'E..' (not hex digits) and to make
gdbserver return E## (hex digits), for best compatibility between
gdb and gdbservers of differing vintage.

        - Nathan