Re: Pending breakpoints and scripts

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 03:02:19PM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:

Anyone noticed this?

(top-gdb) run testsuite/gdb.base/advance
Starting program: ...
Setting up the environment for debugging gdb.
Function "internal_error" not defined.
Breakpoint 1 (internal_error) pending.
Function "info_command" not defined.
Breakpoint 2 (info_command) pending.
(top-gdb)

It's caused by this:

if (!query ("Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? ")
)
return rc;

The old behavior was: when in batch mode, throw an error (and hence abandon the script) if the breakpoint insert fails.

The new behavior is: when in batch mode, always insert the breakpoint. when not in batch mode never throw an error.

For the existing behavior to be restored the query's logic would need to be reversed (ask the oposite question) and then re-throw the error. A /pending qualifier could then be added.

Thoughts?

I'd rather not reverse the question.  We could check from_tty at the
call site, and not set pending breakpoints if no tty...

Why?