Re: handling of absolute source file paths (feature wish/implementation idea)

Klee did something similar a while back.

He added a "set pathname-substitutions" command that took a list of pairs of path components - a "from" and a "to" element. As it went looking for source files, if it saw the "from" element of any pair in the full path name, it would replace it with the "to" element of that pair, and try to open that. This command currently only edits from the start of the path. So you could do source-absolute-prefix by giving "/" as the from, and "/tmp/whatever" as the to. In our case, we more often had
"/SourceMount/Projects/ProjectName" as the from, and ~releng/ReleaseName/ReleaseVersion/Projects/ProjectName as the "to".

The source changes are not that big, since we just did a straight substitution, not any kind of regsub thingie...

Some people use this, though locally I think more folks just make links on their local machine to make up a source tree that looks like what the build & integration folks use on their builder machines.

Jim