Re: Looking for a gdb function to handle alias addresses

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 10:26:34AM -0500, Paul Koning wrote:

>  Daniel> On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 05:19:57PM -0500, Paul Koning wrote:
>  >> If this doesn't currently exist, could anyone offer hints as to
>  >> where such a beast could be added (and what form, roughly, it
>  >> should take)?
>
>  Daniel> I can't imagine how you would do this.  You'd need everywhere
>  Daniel> that does symbol lookups to apply your theoretical method, at
>  Daniel> the very least.
>
> So I take it the function I need doesn't exist at the moment.
>
> Should I interpret your comment as "don't even think about doing this,
> it's too ugly" or "sure you can do this but you'll have to insert the
> hook in a lot of places" ?

Take it as "I have no idea" :)

> If the latter, is another gdbarch function hook the right way?

Maybe.  What you're describing is very system-specific, rather than
architecture-specific - I realize that the basic K0/K1 is a standard
MIPS feature, but the details of what regions alias will definitely
vary based on more than the gdbarch.  So perhaps it should be directly
user-configurable instead.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz