Re: flag day for Solaris portions of config.{guess,sub}

> But what triplet would you choose for it?  Maybe *-sun-solaris3.0.  And since

I find that amazing to use hypothetical names in this discussion,
it shows that you are running out of arguments :-)

The (hypothetical) name would of course be *-sun-solarisg3.0 or something like
that, I don't see any problem, so why create one ?

Choosing names is not a technical issue, no technical people should not
be allowed to choose, based on what they believe is 'The Right Thing' to
decide what the 'proper' next solaris version should be :-)

I understand that Solaris marketing department has created confusion among
part of the technical people, but that does not warrant to get the names
wrong forever.

This has lead in the past to other strangeness and confusion, the most
obvious one being of course to name the pentium 'i586', and then continue
with the i686, ...

Arno