Re: Apple's async changes

That's absurd -- I think you're the only one concerned about the fact that we haven't tarred up our sources on some given date and uploaded them to an ftp server. Is it the statement that you want? Like the one I wrote when I tarred up the sources and uploaded them to the ftp server a while back? I can write another one saying "Yeah, it's all for the FSF, please anyone who wants to use any of that code, do it," if that makes a difference in your mind. No one in the Apple developer tools department -- up through our VP -- wants anything but to contribute this code to the FSF source bases.

The async code in the last Apple drop and the async code in the Apple CVS repo are very nearly identical - we got that working long ago, and we only fix an occasional bug a couple times a year.