Re: C++/Java regressions

[Ian might not need any more of this ...]

I asked:
mec> What is the correct output when a breakpoint is taken on
mec> "A::bar(int) const" ?

After some deliberation, I decided that I want the test script
to be liberal in what it accepts.

  class A {
  public:
    int foo (int arg);
    int bar (int arg) const;
  };

When a breakpoint is taken on A::foo, the script currently accepts:

  Breakpoint N, A::foo (this=...)
  Breakpoint N, A::foo(int) (this=...)

When a breakpoint is taken on A::bar, the script currently accepts:

  Breakpoint N, A::bar (this=...)
  Breakpoint N, A::bar(int) const (this=...)

I am going to keep all these patterns and add another pattern to
accept what gdb is printing today:

  Breakpoint N, A::bar const (this=...)

If someone wants to spend time on making gdb's output better here,
that is okay with me.  But I decided that it's too low priority for
my attention and the list bandwidth.

David C is that okay with you?

Patch to follow.

Michael C