Re: [RFC] upload/download command

> > I would like to keep these things in our protocol but it might be useful
> > generalize the interface out to core gdb.  What I'm thinking is that I
> > create a general upload/download command that uses a hook into the
target's
> > code for any special functionality.  We could have a general one for
native
> > targets which would basically be 'copy' (probably not all that useful
but
> > there for completeness) and just print 'not implemented' for targets
which
> > don't define the hooks.
>
> Rather don't implement it for native I think... hm, might be easier to
> test the core parts if we did.

That's what I was thinking....it doesn't really hurt anything.

> > Any ideas, comments, suggestions, etc.?
>
> For starters, how about describing how it works in your protocol?
> Obviously this could be useful to gdbserver.  For mechanics, it may
> want to be another target_read_partial()...

We actually have a remote_fileopen command in our protocol.  The host sends
an open command to the target and then just sends blocks of data for the
target server to write out.  Then a close message tells the remote to close
it.  It's basically identical to an ordinary open command so you can open on
the remote for reading/writing/etc.

I'm not sure about gdbserver though.  Do you even presume the existence of a
filesystem on the remote?

cheers,

Kris