Re: GDB --> Parallel Port --> Target??

On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 20:37, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> FYI, it should just work.  For GDB, there should really be no difference
> between a serial and parallel character interface.
[.....]
> The correct kernel driver will let GDB talk though to the USB connected
> device as if it was a normal serial device.
[.....]
> Of course, if it's the actual USB chip that your trying to communicate
> with, things can get a bit messy.  While having the USB chip include a
> pseudo-serial interface that talked remote-protocol would work, I've
> seen implementations that ended up having a debug agent translate remote
> protocol into USB primatives.

Thanks for your reply.

Oh, right - I guess that saves me a bit of coding then.  Have you read
the other emails?  I'll probably be needing to alter the way GDB sends
the characters to the parallel port when I code this protocol
converter.  Any idea what files I'll be looking at?

I've scanned a bit through serial.c and remote.c and found most things I
think.

Andy