Re: Path handling bug in GDB included with MingW 3.1.0-1

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 11:13:28PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>From: "Michael Stather" <michaelstather@nuzi.de>
>>Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 23:48:35 +0200
>>
>> g++ -g -o p.exe c:/p/p.cpp -mwindows
>> gdb
>> break "c:/p/p.cpp:7"
>> Run
>>
>> gdb wont stop at the breakpoint.
>> however if I do:
>>
>> cd c:\m
>> g++ -g -o p.exe p.cpp -mwindows
>> gdb
>> break "p.cpp:7"
>> run
>>
>> it breaks correctly.
>
>Sounds like the MinGW port isn't writing leading directories of the
>files into the debug info.
>
>Questions:
>
>What is the default debug info format used by the MinGW port of GCC?
>
>Does it help to use -gstabs+ instead of just -g?
>
>Do you see the leading directories of the source file names if you
>run "objdump --debug" on the object files?

Do we *really* want to go down the road of supporting a patched gdb
here?  There are people who are familiar with the changes that have gone
into mingw gdb in the mingw mailing list.  For whatever reason, they
have chosen not to spend any time getting their patches back into gdb
proper and do not, apparently, read this mailing list.

I don't see any reason why we should be taking up bandwidth trying to
support what is essentially a gdb fork here.  Do we support Apple's
gdb users here?  I don't think we do and this is a similar issue.

cgf