Re: GDB schedule.

My comments:

I will keep testing and reporting on the branch while we come
to a decision.

gdb HEAD has some regressions versus gdb 6.0, especially with C++.
In the near future, I'm going to do a "HEAD versus 6.0" report so that
people can work on them.

I think the regression bugs in gdb HEAD are small enough that we can fix
them all in time to cut a branch in January, but that is just informal.
We do have to fix these bugs anyways.

I'm not qualified to say whether there are any big projects in progress
that won't finish by January.

I would rather skip gdb 6.0.1 unless something happens in the field
that mandates it.  Less work on the branch => more resources for HEAD.

Michael C