Re: gdb-internal: determining the type of a variable

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 04:45:56PM +0200, Roul Oldenburger wrote:
> Thanks for your effort giving me your explanation!
>
> Looking at the stabs information from our executables which are linked
> from several o-files I find FILENUM being 0 for all typedescriptions.
> Probably I could distinguish between the duplicate descriptions if
> FILNUM would differ. Unfortunately I don't know why it is 0 all the way?
>
> Roul

FILENUM is only different within a single compilation unit - N_SO.  You
have to parse it in chunks, from an N_SO with a value until the next
N_SO generally.

But if you are going to parse debug info, I really recommend DWARF
instead... it's much easier.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz