Re: Finding absolute path from relative.

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 10:33:46PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 10:31:11PM -0400, Bob Rossi wrote:

> > > Well, often the input file has a specified directory.  That gets tried
> > > first.
> > >
> > > Anyway, there's a good comment or two about this in the source code...
> >
> > Could you get me started in the right direction? ( ex. files of interest )
> >
> > Either, I could write an MI command that would take a relative source
> > path and convert it into an absolute path, or I could write a function
> > in my front end that does the work.
> >
> > I personally think an MI command could eventually be more helpful to
> > everyone.
>
> source.c:openp.  Then, open_source_file.

Thanks!

Another quick question. I have been told that some of the debug formats
support absolute paths and some do not. Does this just mean that some
of the debug formats will give you the absolute path, and with the
others, this expensive lookup is necessary?

I guess the question is, in both cases, can GDB find the absolute path
to a source file, given only the relative path?

Bob Rossi