Re: Problem with COM1 port from with GDB 5.3 under cygwin 1.5.3-1

Christopher Faylor wrote:

I wouldn't be
speculating on what other people should be doing.  I'd be debugging the
problem myself.

That was my point.. We the GDB users will have to do some work. Not just ask on the Cygwin list.

But I don't have time right now. I did take a look at the code. And I do not think that this will be less work than responding to E-mails.

I have a working Cygwin installation, and the downloaded files to allow it to be reinstalled. So this is not a crisis for me.

If anyone else needs these files to reconstruct a usable Cygwin system. let me know.

 In the time it takes to send email, you could be
doing someting like

cd gdb
ls *serial*

and investigating the code there, setting breakpoints, etc.

cgf